Best watch battery replacement locations in Atlanta
It’s About Time, John’s Creek location11300 Medlock Bridge Rd, Johns Creek, GA 30097+770-442-9854
It’s About Time, Perimeter Mall location4400 Ashford Dunwoody Rd, Suite 1285 (next to Macy’s), Atlanta, GA 30346+770-399-6958
REASONS YOU SHOULD DO A WATCH BATTERY REPLACEMENT
Your watch has stopped ticking, should you go to a jeweler to replace your watch battery or DIY? You should know – not all watch batteries are easily replaceable. For your high-end luxury watch, running a watch battery replacement at a jeweler’s store will save you the time and energy.
At Its About Time, we have the quickest same-day service for watch batteries. We do dozens of watch battery replacements at our Johns Creek and Perimeter It’s About Time locations daily, and all of our watch sales and service associates are specially trained to do them.
SIGNS YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR WATCH BATTERY
One of the signs you need to change your watch battery is when you watch has finally stopped ticking. But there are other signs;
Watch Displaying Incorrect Time
Its afternoon by all indications and the time on your watch still reads 8:00am? Then, something must be wrong somewhere. Get your watch battery replaced to enable your watch tell the accurate time. Nothing can be so embarrassing as telling the wrong time or allowing it mislead you.
This is mostly seen under the glass of your watch, when you notice this or hear a rattling sound, then it is time for you to run a battery replacement on your watch. For watches that are not waterproof, a little moisture can disrupt the tiny parts powering your watch.
Hands Not Moving
When the hand is not moving like it’s in a frozen state, is one of the signs that you need a watch battery replacement. Sometimes, it could not just mean that the battery is responsible for this. Which is more of the reason why you need our team of experts to carefully diagnose the problem of your watch.
HOW LONG DO WATCH BATTERIES LAST?
Watches are not made to last for eternity but watches can be best enjoyed when they stay for a longer period of time. During the period of their stay, something may go wrong.
In most cases, the battery duration will depend on the watch brand and its features, but a newly purchased watch should last up to 2 years, or even up to 3 or 4 years.
SHOULD I GO TO A JEWELER TO REPLACE MY WATCH BATTERY?
In most cases, yes! Especially for your luxury watches. A watch battery is not as simple as a YouTube DIY may make it seem, or as a small repair shop may tell you it is.
There are many perfectly capable jewelers who will replace your battery for a small fee. But here are the advantages of having a professional jeweler like It’s About Time replace the battery for you:
- We look at the water-resistance quality of the watch – the case, tube, and gaskets, push buttons if it is a watch with a chronograph, GMT, or multi-function options.
- The old battery is always tested as that tells us whether there is something else wrong with the timepiece if it still has a full charge.
- If the watch needs a gasket change or water pressure test and seal, it is recommended to the customer.
- The sealing of the case is always done using professional tools.
- Our Swiss-trained and certified watch technician personally does all higher-end batteries such as Ebel watches with a front or top open case, split stem watches, Omega, Tag Heuer, and other dive-rated watches that need a gasket change, pressure test, and seal.
- We also work on Audemars Piguet and other high-end Quartz watches and 18k vintage and new watches.
- Battery changes on Eco-Drive, Solar Tech, and Kinetic watches.
- We offer a 12-month warranty from the date of purchase on all our watch battery replacements. We would love to see you in with your timepiece for a professional and cost-effective service.
HOW MUCH DOES A WATCH BATTERY COST?
The cost of your watch battery totally depends on the type of watch you are using. The more expensive your watch is, the more complicated its mechanisms are which is most likely to influence the cost of the watch battery.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST REPLACING A WATCH BATTERY?
At a jeweler’s store, your watch battery replacement cost will depend on who you go to and the type of watch you have. The cost of a watch battery replacement varies; depending on the brand, type, and servicing costs that come along with it.
For watches that can’t be submerged in water, the total cost may not exceed £10. However, for water resistant timepieces, the prices may range between £20 and £50, and the more complicated and waterproof your watch is, the more prices will go up. This is because watches with high water resistance need to be resealed properly and tested after being opened.
So, if you are ever in need of watch battery replacement or add to the list of your collections check out our wide assortment of high-end watches. With It’s About Time, your size, style and taste can never go wrong.
For help or further enquiries regarding our services please don’t hesitate to call us. You can also visit us at the address below. You can also use the online form to send us an email.